Consolidating foreign subsidiaries

15-Jun-2017 00:42

This company was incorporated on June 7, 1899, in New Jersey, to acquire Edison's process and patents for manufacturing cement in the United States and Canada.The company had a mill at Stewartsville, New Jersey, and sales offices in New York City, Boston and Philadelphia, as well as several southern states.Its stock was owned entirely by the Edison Portland Cement Company. This company was incorporated in New Jersey on April 29, 1908, to manufacture and sell waterproof paints for cement surfaces.

This company was incorporated on April 25, 1914, to market the byproducts of Edison's cement production.This company was organized in 1903 by former Edison employees James W. The company was purchased by the Edison Manufacturing Company in 1905 and officially dissolved in 1908, although its accounts show continued activity through mid-1911.Sometimes known as the Deutsche Edison Accumulatoren Company, this company was organized in Berlin between October 1904 and March 1905 to exploit Edison's storage battery in Germany, Austria, and Hungary.This company was organized on December 17, 1880, to construct generating stations in New York City.Its first central station, located on Pearl Street in lower Manhattan, opened on September 4, 1882.

This company was incorporated on April 25, 1914, to market the byproducts of Edison's cement production.

This company was organized in 1903 by former Edison employees James W. The company was purchased by the Edison Manufacturing Company in 1905 and officially dissolved in 1908, although its accounts show continued activity through mid-1911.

Sometimes known as the Deutsche Edison Accumulatoren Company, this company was organized in Berlin between October 1904 and March 1905 to exploit Edison's storage battery in Germany, Austria, and Hungary.

This company was organized on December 17, 1880, to construct generating stations in New York City.

Its first central station, located on Pearl Street in lower Manhattan, opened on September 4, 1882.

It succeeded the National Phonograph Company, Berlin, an unincorporated business, and it sold phonographs, kinetoscopes and films, primary batteries, numbering machines, and other Edison products.